Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Quick and easy summer salmon


We love smoked salmon and eat quite a lot of it, but usually the traditional cold smoked thin sliced. Recently I noticed the packets of hot smoked salmon sitting in the fridge at the supermarket while I was browsing and thought I'd pick one up. The advantage of them is that they have a long fridge life (up to a month) so I've taken to keeping a packet in the fridge for use as a quick weeknight meal or weekend lunch.

One of my favourite new brunches with this hot smoked salmon is to use it on crispy toasted sourdough. I tossed it through with some chopped coriander, spinach leaves, spring onions, tomato, olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper and spread the toast with good quality mayo. A delicious quick snack.


And another new invention is this chopped green salad. In this one I tossed the salmon with cooked green beans, asparagus, peas, cucumber, chopped baby spinach, lemon, olive oil and salt and pepper. I think M and I will be eating many more light easy meals like this over summer!


Kate eat-drink-dream

1 comment:

  1. Kate, this is a lovely salmon dish. Please drop me a line on ca4ole@gmail.com if it is ok with you if I link to it on my blog, Carole's Chatter. Cheers

    ReplyDelete